Monday, August 30, 2010

Miss K...

Disclaimer: Her hair is out of control in nearly all of these pictures. I promise I usually do it and she normally doesn't look so homely!


(On her 1st birthday...over a month ago. Wow.)

Well, Miss K has been up to quite a lot. She is such a big girl!!! She now scales all three flights of stairs in our house in about 38 seconds flat. And just a few days ago, she learned how to go down them on her own, too. She also knows how to get up and down from the couch, the chair, Logan's bed...you name it.


She isn't quite ready to walk yet, but she is getting pretty good at the standing thing which tells me that walking isn't too far behind. Here's a video of her doing just that....however, I had to put the camera out of sight/reach and didn't realize you couldn't see her head. But whatever. You get the idea. (I would say "I'll try and get a better video and post it later," but we both know I won't actually do it, so I won't make any empty promises here.)



And as I mentioned before, she is pretty much weaned. I totally feel a sense of freedom. Both times that I have weaned my children, I have expected to be a little sad. However, that's not the case. I'm glad I've done it until they are just about 1, but the honest truth is that I find it suffocating to nurse and have a baby literally attached to me several times a day.



Even though she is on the bouncy seal thing at the playground in this picture, she LOVES the slide. She would climb the stairs and go down the little slide all on her own all day if she could. K also has a total of 6 teeth...two on the bottom and 4 on the top. At her last appointment, she weighed in at a petite 18 1/2 pounds which is like the 30th percentile.


K is still napping twice a day (most of the time), which is great. And though she wakes up once or twice at night still, it usually only lasts about 5 minutes and she puts herself back to sleep.


Her favorite food is cantaloupe, but she also goes crazy for Vanilla Oreos, most pastas, and root beer. And she prefers a bottle full of water when she goes down for a nap over anything else. She also has two super-soft blankies that she likes to snuggle when she sleeps. Though she doesn't need them, per say, I think she prefers to have them close.

We sure love our little princess!!!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

holy stars - she got so big and so beautiful SO fast!!! What a proud mama you must be with your two beautiful children :)

Rashpreet Kaur said...

That's a very sweet baby u have there...it really is fun and amazing to see your little one grow up...sometimes it seems as if they are growing too soon while sometimes it's just not soon enough. Anyway, God Bless your baby!! :)

Brad and Hailey said...

She has such beautiful big blue eyes!

balloongal said...

What a wonderful little princess. I'm glad we got to hear a lot of fun things about her as we don't see you guys really at all ever. Just what we read through your blog and facebook. Thanks for sharing.

Jess said...

She is so cute! It's still crazy to think that my friends are starting to have kids...

And by the way, I tagged you in a fun meme over at my blog.