That last post I did was kind of a downer. And over a month ago. My bad. Let's try for some uplifting, positive blogging this evening, shall we?
Ok, wonderful things that have happened since that terrible day:
1. Zac is doing really well at the dealership. We hit a few rough weeks where his paycheck was in the triple digits (I'm not kidding. It was less than $500.), but he seemed to bounce back from that remarkably well and we are all caught up on bills! YAY!
2. I got a week off from work!!!! The Y does a "shut-down" week for maintenance every September. So I had Labor Day through tomorrow off!!! It has been awesome.
3. The week I had off at work could not have come at a better time because that is the week that Logan started KINDERGARTEN!!!!!! My baby boy is growing up so fast, I can't believe it. But it has been kind of nice to have all this girl time with my Kaylee while Logan is at school doing all kinds of grown-up things. Kay and I just lounge around, go to the park, go to the library, paint our nails, quilt at Grandma's....heaven. (Until I go back to work. Blah.)
4. We found out that I'M GETTING A NEPHEW!!!!! Liz is having a baby boy!!!!! She wanted a girl so badly, but I had a feeling she was carrying a boy. I'm excited that Logan will have a boy cousin to game with! Er, play with. So you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm pinning away all the baby boy shower ideas I can find on Pinterest!
5. Next to Kindergarten, this is probably the most exciting news. (No, I'm not pregnant. Though Logan's teacher is!) Back to me. There was a contest I entered on the YAtopia blog. It was being hosted by Entranced Publishing, and the top 5 contestants were offered an eight week editing class for their FULL manuscripts with full-time editors from Entranced. For those of you that don't know a ton about the publishing world, I'll just tell you that it's an incredible- and rare- opportunity. For those of you that are familiar with the publishing world, Entranced is an e-publisher launching in April of 2013 and they are building their client list. So guess who was contestant 3 of 5 that was selected???? THIS GIRL!!!!!! I had to submit my book pitch in 100 words or less. That was it. Well, and it had to be better than all the other people that entered. But GO ME! And just because I won the editing course, doesn't necessarily mean they will make me an offer. But this opportunity can only help and improve my manuscript, so I'm ecstatic.
6. I'm dieting. Well, not so much dieting as paying attention to my caloric intake and output. I am involved in three different weddings next summer. And I have about 50 lbs that I'm not going to be taking to said weddings. So if I can stay on top of my game and lose 1.5 lbs a week on average, I should be able to meet my goal. I have this really sweet iPhone app that takes all the guesswork out of the calorie game. I'll let you know how it goes.
I guess that's all for now. Expect an iPhone Photo-dump here pretty soon ;-)