1. We retired the Swagger Wagon and brought home "Ruby" the Freestyle. She is pretty legit.
2. Zac and I spent a weekend last November in Albany and it was awesome. We are hoping to take the kids for a weekend sometime and get to teach them a little bit about the state capitol.
3. I finished my "Jade" manuscript and started another 2 projects...one I did at a writer's retreat that Julie Berry invited me to. (Yes, I'm name-dropping). The other manuscript I banged out during NaNoWriMo. It was my first time participating and I met my month-long goal and ended up with 73,000 words. It's not finished yet, but pretty close.
4. About a hundred of my friends got married over the summer of 2013.
5. Both kids started attending the Canandaigua School district. Logan in 1st grade, Kaylee in UPK at the Y.
6. March of 2013, my very best friend and her 3 beautiful kids came and visited us. (And we get to go visit her next month in Texas!!! But my kids don't know we are going, so shhhh. Good thing they don't read this blog.)
7. I had 2 nephews and 1 niece born. They are all pretty amazing.
8. We celebrated our 10-year high school reunion Bloomfield-style in Julie Driscoll's parent's driveway and had a bon fire in their backyard.
9. The kids and I really enjoyed summer in Canandaigua.
10. I lost 40 lbs. Then put 10 back on over the holidays, but still.
11. I started writing/interviewing for Mormon Artist Magazine
(One of my more recent interviews) I've gotten to know some really stellar people.
12. I was called to serve as the YW Secretary in church...a calling which I'm about to be released from only to take on another calling which is shaking me to my core.... more about that later. But it will be a good thing.
13. And last but not least, we added a new family member. Chewbacca. He is the best puppy. He is calm and happy...doesn't really lick or jump. Was housebroken in like 5 days. And only chewed one shoe. He's a keeper for sure.
Here's hoping I'm better at blogging this next year :-)