Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Man...

How retarded is this???? My sister-in-law, Liz, just finished taking the same History of Creativity class I was in...only a different section with a different teacher and different TA's. But the class was still the same...same assignments, same lectures (which made it really nice to study with her!), same text book, etc. So she had a creativity project assignment, just like me, that was due yesterday. She submitted this painting that she had been working on all semester:


Amazing, right? And this wasn't even the finished project. So you are expected to have your project on display by a certain time so it can be graded by your professor and viewed and admired by your peers and classmates. Then, after it is graded, you are free to take it home, throw it out, etc. as long as it has been graded. So Liz's painting was up when and where it was supposed to be and then graded. And then she wasn't there to take it down before the building closed. Which apparently means her stupid, STUPID TA had the right to THROW IT AWAY.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???? WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!?! WHY WOULD YOU EVER THROW AWAY SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING?????? Especially one that doesn't belong to you and was done by someone else????!!!!???

I'm outraged.

So currently Liz and some of her friends are dumpster-diving for it. I know someone who works custodial in the building it was thrown away from, so I called to find out if they even had a chance of finding it. He said the dumpster hadn't been emptied all week and that there was a good chance it would be in there. I'll let you know how it goes...but until then, write letters to the Manufacturing department about how STUPID that TA was and how he should probably be fired.

1 comment:

pam said...

AAAAHHHHH. That is horrible. I really hope they find it. Keep us posted because I'm seriously interested to find out!

I'm glad to read you guys are doing well, by the way!!

Love ya!