Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Love to all our readers! I've got so much to talk about and so many photos to upload, I don't know if I'll be able to do it all in one post. Ok, not so much to talk about, just pictures to post. So I guess we'll start with today. It's Valentine's day! I was thinking about previous ones and how they've changed over the years. I remember in 11th grade I was so bitter about valentine's day (you know, the teenage thing!) that I went out and bought myself a garnet ring as a gift to myself. Good times. And then my first Valentine's day married, Zac tried to make me dinner while I was at work. Then when I came home, he was trying to be all romantic...and I got this crazy migraine. I felt so bad! I don't remember doing anything special last year...but this year was great! Zac's been sick so I wasn't expecting anything special, but when you lower your expectations, that man really can impress you! Haha, just kidding, honey. Anyways, I spent the afternoon at cousin Emily's visiting. Then I had class at 4:30 which I got back just in time for. Then I had to take a test and left just enough time to come home and make dinner for Zac before he had to go to work. So after my test, Zac came to pick me up at school and Logan was in the back seat with a bouquet of flowers for me! Zac said they were specifically from Logan. It was so precious!

So then we came home (keep in mind I'd been gone all day) and when I opened the door, the living room was picked p and vacuumed, the kitchen was next to spotless, and the dishes were done! And then, to top it all off, there was a huge bouquet of pink flowers on top of the dishwasher in a beautiful pink vase. Those ones were from Zac! And next to those flowers were a card, a 5-lb bag of gummie bears, Wheat Thins, and a can of Easy Cheese. You're probably thinking, "What in the world?!?!" but let me enlighten you.

On our very first date, Zac and I went to the movies. Long story short, we were late and stopped off to get snacks before the next showing. We pretty much just got a ton of gummie bears. Then on our 2nd date, we went to the Canandaigua Pier. We stopped off at Wegmans to get munchies so we had something to snack on. I got more gummie bears. Zac got Wheat Thins and Easy Cheese. So they have sentimental value...as strange as it seems :-)

So I made amazing braised sirloin tips with rice for dinner. And then Zac had to run off to work. Story of my life. But all in all, it was a good day! Hope your day was just as special!!!

No comments: