Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vacation!!!

We had a great time in St. George this past weekend! We got to go down and stay with Zac's Grandma Edie and Grandpa Jerry. We got to take Zac's sister Savannah with us, too, which was awesome. We left Friday afternoon and made really good time. And Logan was a perfect little angel the entire ride! When we got to St. George (which is about 4 hours south of Provo), it was 20 degrees warmer than it was when we left Provo...hallelujah! Zac's cousin, Kate (Headlee), her husband, and their three kids also ventured up from Las Vegas.

Saturday was Edie's birthday so we drove to this beautiful canyon and had a picnic lunch with the cousins (and Zac's other cousin William drove up on Saturday, too). We drove around a bit, did some hiking, and even attempted to repel off a huge rock. Too bad the park ranger came and yelled at us. I was getting so excited to try it! We topped off the day by shopping...followed by a swim after dinner. You can't beat a dip in the pool in the middle of February! Logan even enjoyed it!

Sunday was another beautiful, warm day. Not much exciting...I made my Cafe Rio pork and we napped and watched half of season one of Lost. And I forgot to call my grandparents...sorry guys! I'll call this Sunday, I promise! And then Monday, before we left, we took in some of the Church history sites. We took a tour of the St. George Tabernacle, where we all got to stand at the pulpit where all of the presidents of the Church have spoken. It was pretty sweet. Logan even got to get up and give a speech...well, sort of!


We had a safe drive back to Provo on Monday afternoon. And again, Logan was great. He's such a perfect traveler! I just hope he can keep up that attitude for our trip in March...but I'm not holding my breath! Well, take care and I'll update again soon!

No comments: