Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!


That's right, my mommy is another year older! Or is it wiser? Well, whatever. She's 48 and still lookin' good (please don't kill me for announcing your age...I think 48 is still young enough to disclose). And to celebrate, I'd love to put up a picture of her and her grandson from a few weeks ago but alas, still no card reader. It's starting to drive me nuts.

You know what else drives me nuts? REALLY INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for another installment of "things that tick Sarah off so she is going to blog about it because she tends to be passive-aggressive." So if you don't feel like listening to my ramblings of rage, feel free to check back tomorrow when I may finally post some pictures. And if you're interested in why I'm so annoyed, feel free to read on.

I love my sweet boy, right? Like, more than anything in the world, basically, right? So you can conclude that I hate seeing him get hurt and it makes me a little upset when something happens to him, especially something that can easily be prevented. Take, for example, this particular situation: It is a nice, warm, sunny day so we venture outside. Logan is sitting on the sidewalk, playing with a ball, minding his own business, when a bigger kid (a year older) just walks up to him, pushes him over, and steals the ball. Ok, kids take toys from other kids. I get that. But what I'm upset about is when Logan smacks his head on the concrete and is screaming bloody murder because it hurts so bad and the mother of the other child says NOTHING as I rush over to comfort him. SAYS NOTHING. Not to me, not to my son, not to her child.

So Sarah, what's the big deal? It happened once, it's over with. Calm down.

Wrong. This happens practically on a daily basis. Logan has been pushed down stairs, slides, off the jungle gym, and onto the concrete sidewalk countless times. And more often than not, nothing is said. No apologies, no discipline, no remorse, nothing. And it's not that I don't keep an eye on Logan, I do. But I hate having to hover over him and protect him constantly...he should be able to enjoy the playground and explore by himself, without the threat of a concussion. Which is why I have basically confined us to our apartment when the other child is outside. But I can only take 600 tiny square feet of cinder block so long.

Which brings me to my next bit of beef. After dinner, I decided that we needed to go out and get some energy out of our systems before bath/bed time. The child that beats up on Logan happened to be out, but I really needed some fresh air and sunshine, so I went out anyways, keeping a close eye on Logan. Well, he wasn't touched by the other kid. Why? Well, the other mother informed me that her child has HAND, FOOT, AND MOUTH DISEASE and is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS. Seriously!!! So why is this child out playing with all of the community toys and possibly infecting all the other children in the quad? YOU'VE GOT ME!!! Apparently this particular child is not the only one who is sick, but does happen to be the only one still contagious and playing outside with the not-sick kids and all of the toys. I just don't get it. And I'm a little frustrated. I don't want my child getting sick and I don't think we should have to stay inside to prevent it. IMHO, those with sick/contagious children that should be quarantined PER DOCTOR'S ORDERS should stay inside so the rest of us don't have to worry about it! UGH!!!!

So...that is my rant. Illness Etiquette. Read it. AND STOP SPREADING INFECTIOUS DISEASES!!!

7 comments:

Steffy said...

UGH! This made me so sad for you guys! It also made me feel a little bit sick to think that people just let their kids play with other kids when they are sick!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Oh sweet WyMount. Sorry! When are you moving out?

Dani said...

Poor Logan baby,

Sara said...

Ok, just reading that pisses me off. What a stupid mother. That illness is really really contagious too. *Breathe, Sara, Breathe*

Ben and Marie said...

Hussies! All of them!!! I feel ya, I hate people. Probably not the right attitude, but I've never really been one for social graces! :)

D said...

So I mostly agree with you. Especially when it comes to Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. We stayed home for a week maybe two when Kaden had that(still don't know how he got it). But if I stayed home from the park every time my son had a runny nose we would NEVER get out of the house. I keep him in the first few days when he is most sick and most contagious but the kid ALWAYS has a runny nose. He got one every time he got a new tooth so it was hard to tell when it was sickness and when it was teething. Blah!

Dani said...

So seriously, take the card to the bookstore and have they burn it to a CD. I'm sick and tired of waiting for new pictures of you guys! I miss you!!! Let me say it again...I MISSSS YOUUUUU! Also, James has a cold and the ONLY thing that makes him quite today is the baby crack. Good old baby crack. Gets them every time.