Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Weekend In Review...

It was a good one. So Friday, Zac's brother Jon (who is staying with us until he can move into his dorm on Wednesday) mentioned that he only brought one pair of jeans with him to college. Translation: "Hey sister-in-law Sarah, could we go shopping so I don't have to do laundry every other day?" So naturally, being the savvy shopper that I am, I knew Old Navy was having a HUGE denim sale on Saturday and we planned to go. I also mentioned the sale to my neighbor, Rachel, who was just as thrilled as I was with the prospect of starting my weekend out by shopping.

Well, we decided to go early-ish...at 9 when the store opened. Boy are we glad we got there when we did. The place was a madhouse. So my shopping tactics kicked in and I decided to make a sacrifice for the good of the team. I went and held a spot in the checkout line instead of *gasp* buying anything. So we split up...Jon to the men's department and Rachel to get her take (3 pairs for her which she tried on, one pair for her husband and one for her daughter). And Logan and I just stood in line. For like a half an hour. But like I said, a sacrifice for the good of the team. And I was rewarded.

So on our way home, we passed this new frozen yogurt place called Red Mango. Apparently it was their grand opening and they were giving away free yogurt from 10-5. And it just so happened it was 9:59. So we flipped a u-turn and headed back to see what they meant by "free." I was thinking like one of those paper ketchup-cup sized samples. WRONG! It was like a full portion with a topping and everything. I had to get the Mango, naturally. And it was DE-LISH! So if you ever have the opportunity to try Red Mango, do it. I highly recommend it.

Well, after all that excitement, I think I was on some type of adrenaline high. I got the bright idea that I wanted to go on a bike ride with Zac and Logan. So we borrowed some bikes from our other neighbors and snagged their baby bike trailer, too. OF COURSE it hooked onto the bike I was riding and not Zac's but whatever. What's another 50 lbs, right? Haha...well, it was a hilly ride, but all-in-all, we had a really good (albeit sweaty) time. I really do love that we get to spend Saturdays together as a family and I hope Logan learns to appreciate it someday, too!

No comments: