Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ouchy Day For Logan...

Poor Kid. He really beat himself up today! We got up around 7:15 this morning, which seems to be Logan's new trend. I am not a fan of it, personally, but it's when he has decided to wake up so I just go with it. So we got up, had a bottle, and he got down to play while I laid down on the couch and indulged in some Today Show while I woke up. Well Logan decided to go play with the bathroom door...also a new favorite thing. It's usually closed and being half asleep, I didn't think much of it. That was until he started screaming bloody murder. So I ran to the bathroom to find Logan's two smallest toes wedged between the bottom of the door and the bathroom floor. Poor baby! He was fine, but it obviously hurt and/or scared him and he was really sad for a few minutes. Well, the day went on. I went to class, he and Zac played on the playground, he took a nap, etc, etc, and then I got home and sat with Zac on the couch for a few minutes before he had to leave and head down to school. While we were chatting, Logan went to his room to play. Well a few minutes later, we heard a huge *BANG* followed by the most horrendous screams ever. We both dashed to Logan's room to find him on the floor between his rocking horse and the wall. We can't be sure exactly of what happened, but he ended up hitting his head really hard on, what we can only assume, was the cinder block wall. I took a picture, but it was with my cell phone so it's not very clear.


He now has a bump on his forehead a little bit bigger than the size of a quarter. It's reddish and quickly turning purple with little spots of blood under the skin. It's the saddest thing I've ever seen!!!! But clearly, he's over it!

In other news, school is going well so far. In a nutshell, my Writing for Children class is going to be fun...I'm expected to write 70 pages of a manuscript by the end of the semester and if it's any good, my teacher will put us in contact with her agent and/or publishers. SWEET! And my Short Story class...well, my teacher has a hook. An honest to goodness hook. I keep staring at it. I really should stop that. And then my History of Creativity class doesn't start till next Monday, but since it's the same teacher from last semester, I don't expect anything different.

Zac's classes are going to be tough this semester. I think he's going to be taking like 17 or 18 credits which is hard on any art major. It's not just classes that will be taking up a ton of time, but his projects this year are really important for his portfolio so I have a feeling I won't be seeing him much. He's going to be spending a TON of time in the animation lab. But oh well. We're almost done, right?

I guess that's all for now. Other than the Republican National Convention just ended. But I'll leave my political feelings off of the blog for now. But be forewarned, strong opinions are on the way!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Did I forget to tell you about when James FELL DOWN THE STAIRS at my mom's house. It couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 I think. I'm such a terrible mother. He had the biggest goose egg on his head.

Dani said...

PS. Poor Logan!

Brad and Hailey said...

You poor boy! He was having a rough day :(