Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

And wouldn't you know...I didn't get the camera out a single time today. Fail. But here's my favorite Easter picture:


And here's some pictures from last Easter...my justification being that I never ended up posting them last Easter. Check it out. Wow I'm a slacker!!!!




So anyways, Easter was great. I sang in the church choir...we did an Easter Cantata. And the last two weeks during rehearsals, I kept tearing up during the last song entitled, "He is Risen." So I thought I could pull it together and sing straight through it during the Sacrament meeting, but no. The spoken part at the beginning was supposed to represent Mary Magdalen and it was this really beautiful part talking about how Mary went to anoint the body of the savior for burial and she was told that he wasn't there but that he was risen. It then wraps up by her saying "Surely this was the most glorious morning the world will ever know..." or something to that effect. Well, I thought I was keeping it together, but the girl doing the narration started crying, which got me crying, and I could hardly sing the song. So why was I blubbering? Well, forgive me for getting all churchy, but here it goes. Not only do I believe in the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, but I truly know that it happened and that His sacrifice will bring the resurrection to all who have lived on this Earth. I know that I will see my friends and family that have passed away again someday. And I know that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I have the opportunity to live with them through the rest of Eternity. I am grateful for this knowledge and I love this beautiful holiday we have to celebrate this wonderful gift our Savior has given us!

Ok, end of churchy stuff. When we got home from church, Logan and Zac got to take naps while the Easter Bunny came and his their baskets. The Easter Bunny should have come last night, but the Easter Bunny was really tired and went to bed super early. So the Easter Bunny came this afternoon. Also while the boys were napping, I made scalloped potatoes, a cucumber-tomato salad, and fruit salad. And put the ham in the oven. Then the boys woke up, found their candy, and we called my family who were all at dinner at my parents' house. It was great to be able to talk to everyone at once :-)

After we wrapped up the phone conversation (during which Logan learned to say "Happy Easter"), I set the table and greeted Zac's brother, Jon, his sister Savannah, his other sister, Liz, her roommate Elisa (or "Jaleesa" if you're calling her by what Zac made up), and our friend, Chris. We had a nice dinner followed by Cheesecake, Liz's sweet rolls, and a lot of Tetris in the Wii and Katamari Damaci on the X-box.

It was really nice to be able to continue my tradition of hosting Easter dinner...it was really hard for me when I first moved away from home to not have anywhere to go. Then after Gary passed away, I felt like I really needed to throw a big shabang to keep myself busy and surrounded by loved ones. So for the past few years I've tried to host a big get-together...I think this year was the smallest with only 7 people! But it was reasonable with me being all pregnant and tired, and I think we all had a pretty good time. Hope you did, too, wherever you're reading from!

5 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Wow you made Easter dinner?! I'm impressed! Yeah I am nowhere near that ambitious yet! :)

Mena said...

I hope the Easter Bunny is better rested now. Yay for Easter. Your "Churchy" portion of this blog touched me and made me get all watery-eyed. Thanks!

Lisa C said...

Doesn't it make you feel like a "real" mom/woman to wear yourself out with holiday meals while everyone else relaxes? :) Tradition!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Joe and I got a good laugh over the bunny picture. I wanted to steal it but Joe told me I couldn't steal. Also, congrats on finishing school (or do you have a few hours left?) and again congrats for baby girl due in a few months! Finally, you are such a great mom! I just scrolled down to get caught up on your life (I've been a little distracted from blogs lately). You rock!

Elizabeth said...

Love you, and btw, her name is spelled Alyssa... or Jalyssa if you're zac. :)