Friday, April 10, 2009

I Think It's Over...

Well, last night was rough. We couldn't get Logan's fever down below 101 so he kept waking up and crying. About two hours after he went to bed, I checked on him to see how he was doing and I could see something dark all over him, his pillow, and his blanket. I turned on the hallway light and was able to see that it was blood. Every where.

So of course I freaked out, thinking he was coughing up blood. But once I washed off his face, I could tell it was just a bloody nose. So the bloody nose went on for a good hour, getting all over everything and everyone.

Once the nosebleed stopped, Zac and I brought Logan to bed with us where he proceeded to take up a good four square feet of the center of the bed...interesting, considering he is only like 32 inches tall. But he was sleeping well enough, so we dealt with it. With very little sleep. And the sleep I did manage to get was usually interrupted hourly by a tiny hand stroking my cheek. I'd wake up and look at Logan and he would whisper "Juice" in the sweetest, sickest little voice ever. It broke my heart. So I'd give him his juice and he'd fall back asleep.

Then this morning, when I came back into the bedroom after my shower, Logan was sitting up in our bed and said, "Hi Mama!" in the happiest voice ever. His fever was non-existent and he spent most of the day playing and catching up on all the energy he didn't use the last few days. It's good to have him back!

In other news...only 99 days to go till #2's due date!!!! That's less than 100!!! That's DOUBLE DIGITS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!

2 comments:

Mena said...

I'm so glad that he's feeling better!! :)

Mel said...

Aw, that's so good to hear (that he's better, not the sad blood or juice part). And yay for baby!!!