Recently, Logan's naps have become very inconsistent. And it's totally not on my part. He has just been refusing to sleep...even with compromises (watching Wall-E, napping in Mommy and Daddy's bed, taking a cup of juice with him, etc). I think it's too early for him to give up naps completely. So I've compiled a list of reasons he needs to nap and maybe after reading it, he will be convinced.
10. He, like his mother, gets very cranky when an afternoon nap is not in place.
9. He only sleeps about 10 hours at night and (according to my parenting books) needs to make up that other 1-2 hours during the day.
8. When he doesn't nap he becomes over-tired, making bedtime even more painful.
7. When he doesn't sleep, I don't shower.
6. When he doesn't sleep, I sometimes don't even get dressed. (e.g. it is 4 pm and though Logan is bathed and dressed, I am still in my gym shorts and sweaty t-shirt from my morning walk 7 hours ago).
5. He is precious when he sleeps.
4. He is super cuddly when he wakes up.
3. I don't want to strangle him after he naps.
2. I can get things done (i.e. dishes, vacuuming, laundry, cleaning and organizing our room) when he is asleep and out of the way.
1. I feel just a little bit more sane when I get an hour to a two hour break from mommy-hood.
Anyone else have an opinion or idea as to why Logan should be napping at this moment?
p.s. I just looked over to find him shaking a bottle of children's Benadryl. Maybe he's trying to tell me something???